Can you believe we are already one month into 2018? It’s February! Before too long we will be shedding our coats and sweaters for spring’s very welcome, warmer weather. Spring is also the time for a closet transition. While some of the newest runway looks may not be the most real people friendly, others are easy to implement in your wardrobe. I’ve weeded through the less wearable patent leathers and see-through blouses to bring you 5 runway fashion trends that you can wear in real life.
1. Hottest Colors - Since Pantone announced that Ultra Violet would be 2018’s Color of the Year, fashion houses packed up their Millennial Pinks and pulled out their purples. Thats right, just when you’ve warmed up to the girliest of the color family, purple is kicking pink out of its throne. Don’t box up all of your pinks just yet though because pastels reigned throughout fashion week. If you’re rolling your eyes that pastels are in for spring again, we have something for you too. Saturated, bold colors showed up all over the runway. So don’t shy away from your tomato reds or electric blues. They will receive a warm welcome from fashionistas everywhere.
2. Checks - More of a pattern princess than a solid color lover? Well, get used to checks. Normally worn in the fall or winter, checks were all over spring shows for 2018. This statement-making print is so easily implemented too. If you’re not ready for a fully checked suit or jacket, try adding in a shoe or bag instead to hop on this checkered bandwagon.
3. Logomania - Logos are back again in full force for 2018. This is reminiscent of the 90s and early 2000s when trendsetters displayed their favorite brands where everyone could see them. Gone are the days of subtlety. Interested in how you can sport this trend without breaking the bank? Try the more wallet-friendly brands like Adidas and Nike. Athleisure made these sports brands into fashion statements too.
4. Tulle, Sequins, and Ruffles - The glitzier, the better. Tulle, sequins, and ruffles all turned heads on the runway for spring 2018. Tulle is super hot for spring, but in a more glamorous and less ballerina way. Sequins for any time of the day are showing up on the country’s most stylish. Try a cool sequin top with jeans to join in on all the shiny fun. And last, but not least, ruffles were everywhere. (Our mother is crying tears of joy right now.) So do not be shy about flaunting your most feminine looks. Everyone will be doing it!
5. Americana - It’s no secret that it has been a dramatic time for our country. No matter where you stand politically, it has not been pretty. That’s why I think this trend is extra special. Americana is in style for 2018. Stars and stripes are not only for 4th of July this year. Show your love for your country all spring long.
There you have it, 5 easy trends to add to your closet so you can be fashion forward this spring. I don’t know about you, but I think it will be a beautiful 2018.